8 HOURS ROME AND VATICAN TOUR
Explore the highlights of Rome escorted by your private English-Speaking driver-guide!
Picked up straight from your hotel in town or anywhere you want! A mixture of ancient art and History with a touch of the most valuable and amazing Religious place on Earth: THE VATICAN!
- PICK UP TIME // Suggested 8:00am to avoid big crowds at least in the first part of the morning (it is flexible then you decide when).
- PICK UP PLACE // From your hotel in town, airport on arrival, or anywhere you want! We will drop you off wherever you want at the end of the tour.
- LENGTH // 8 hours (you can always extend it)
- COLOSSEUM // This means that we start from one of the most ancient sites in ROME. You can just visit it from the outside after explanation or from the inside. If inside, your driver-guide, after explanations and parking the vehicle, will walk you all the way to the ticket entrance, helping you skip the line and will show you where you’ll meet again after your 45 minute visit.
- CIRCUS MAXIMUS // Stop on the side of it and admire what is left of it with the view of the Palatine Hill
- THE HISTORICAL DRIVING-BY // On the way to the next stop, your drive is going to be intense and breath-taking. You’ll go by the so called “Road of the Temples” and over to the current heart of the city with the view of the Palatine Hill and Piazza Venezia with 2 very important monuments/sites (the so called “Wedding Cake – or Monument dedicated to the first king of Italy and the view of the sadly famous balcony of Mussolini)
- VIEW OF THE ROMAN FORUM // Stop on a favored spot for the amazing view of the trade, financial, religious heart of the Roman Civilization.
- PANTHEON // Explore the most amazing building in ROME, still intact and filled with history
- TREVI FOUNTAIN // Go and toss your coin and wish to come back to our city
- SPANISH STEPS // Best driving-by but we can stop right on top of them to admire from a view the density of this elegant shopping area of the city
- TIME FOR A BREAK // You’ll decide what to eat and which kind of lunch to go for. We will give you several options (something quick to go, something intermediate for a pizza or a salad, or something authentic off-the-beaten path only where locals eat)
- 2 HOUR VATICAN VISIT // After your little break, your driver will escort you all the way in front of the Vatican Museums from where you’ll start the brief but intense visit of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and – if opened – Saint Peter’s Basilica. You’ll see here below in the features that you can require a guide for the Vatican portion and therefore we will put you in contact with our partner (as per our legal disclaimer page) as we don’t deal directly with this kind of service
IMPORTANT NOTICE: note that the order of the sites might change due to crowds situation. In certain occasions the Colosseum will be done starting from 02.00 pm as last site of the day, to avoid crazy crowds in the AM. In this event we will visit the Vatican in the AM. No matter when, there might be some wait at the entrance of the Colosseum due to the metal detector check points even if you have already pre-bought your tickets.