Explore the highlights of Rome escorted by your private English-Speaking driver-guide! Directly from the ship and back to the ship! No need to take private transportation to go meet your driver! Just in front of the ship and then you get it started!
- PICK UP TIME // Suggested 7:30 am to avoid big crowds at least in the first part of the morning (it is flexible then you decide when). Back to the port at 4:30 pm (with plenty of time not to miss the ship)
- PICK UP PLACE // Right from the bottom of your ship. As soon as you disembark your ship you’ll see your private driver with a sign and your name on.
- LENGTH // 9 hours (you can always extend it)
- COLOSSEUM //This means that we will start from one of the most ancient sites in ROME. As there could be a massive wait at the entrance due to metal detector check-points and if you want to be sure to cover all the following sites, you will visit the Colosseum from the outside. After 90 minute drive, you will reach the area of the Colosseum, where, from a privileged spot, your driver will start to illustrate a lot of facts and history about this amazing monument. After the explanations you will have some time (approx. 20 minutes to take a little stroll closer to it).
- CIRCUS MAXIMUS // Stop on the side of it and admire what is left of it with the view of the Palatine Hill
- THE HISTORICAL DRIVING-BY // On the way to the next stop, your drive is going to be intense and breath-taking. You’ll go by the so called “Road of the Temples” and over to the current heart of the city with the view of the Palatine Hill and Piazza Venezia with 2 very important monuments/sites (the so called “Wedding Cake – or Monument dedicated to the first king of Italy and the view of the sadly famous balcony of Mussolini)
- VIEW OF THE ROMAN FORUM // Stop on a favored spot for the amazing view of the trade, financial, religious heart of the Roman Civilization.
- PANTHEON // Explore the most amazing building in ROME, still intact and filled with history
- TREVI FOUNTAIN // Go and toss your coin and wish to come back to our city
- SPANISH STEPS // Best driving-by but we can stop right on top of them to admire from a view the density of this elegant shopping area of the city
- TIME FOR A BREAK // You’ll decide what to eat and which kind of lunch to go for. We will give you several options (something quick to go, something intermediate for a pizza or a salad, or something authentic off-the-beaten path only where locals eat)
- 2,5 HOUR VATICAN VISIT // After your little break, your driver will escort you all the way in front of the Vatican Museums from where you’ll start the brief but intense visit of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and – if opened – Saint Peter’s Basilica. In case tour guide need in the Vatican please advice us and we will put you in contact with our partner (as per our legal disclaimer page) as we don’t deal with this kind of service