Explore the highlights of Rome escorted by your private English-Speaking driver-guide! Directly from the ship and back to the ship! No need to take private transportation to go meet your driver! Just in front of the ship and then you get it started!
- PICK UP TIME// Suggested 7:30 am to avoid big crowds at least in the first part of the morning (it is flexible then you decide when). Back to the port at 4:30 pm (with plenty of time not to miss the ship)
- PICK UP PLACE// Right from dock site. As soon as you disembark your ship you’ll see your private driver with a sign and your name on.
- LENGTH// 9 hours (you can always extend it)
- COLOSSEUM// This means that we will start from one of the most ancient sites in ROME. After about 90 minute drive you will approach the area of the Colosseum. Your English-speaking driver will provide you with the most relevant historical explanations from a privileged spot overlooking the same Colosseum. Your driver will have your skip the line tickets in hand, that YOU WILL HAVE ALREADY PRE-PURCHASED through us. This means that, after the explanations, your English Speaking driver will lead you over to the entrance, showing you how to get through the security checkpoint (note that the metal detector is something that you will have to wait at until your turn comes, even if you have already purchased the entrance tickets. There is no “skip-the-line” at the metal detector, and that is why we have to try to be at the Colosseum first thing in the morning avoiding the big crowds of tourists). After overcoming the metal detector you will have easy access past the tickets machine and you will be in. You can always plan to visit it only from the outside and that case there will not be any ticket need.
- CATACOMBS// Your driver-guide will drive you to explore this underground world. You will be with other English Speaking people escorted in the tunnels by a guide that works straight for the Catacombs! The visit will last around 45 minutes. Guided tour included in the 8 euro p/p ticket.
- APPIAN WAY// Walk on the first road ever built by human-beings
- CIRCUS MAXIMUS// stop on the side of it and admire what is left of it with the view of the Palatine Hill
- TIME FOR A BREAK// You will decide what to eat and which kind of lunch to go for. We will give you several options (something quick to go, something intermediate for a pizza or a salad, or something authentic off-the-beaten path only where locals eat)
- PANTHEON// explore the most amazing building in ROME, still intact and filled with history
- TREVI FOUNTAIN// Go and toss your coin and wish to come back to our city
- SPANISH STEPS// Best driving-by but we can stop right on top of them to admire from a view the density of this elegant shopping area of the city and then back to the port by 05.00 pm.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: note that the order of the sites might change due to crowds situation. In certain occasions the Colosseum will be done starting from 02.00 pm as last site of the day, to avoid crazy crowds in the AM. No matter when, there might be some wait at the entrance of the Colosseum due to the metal detector check points even if you have already pre-bought your tickets.