Explore the highlights of Rome escorted by your private English-Speaking driver-guide! Directly from the ship and back to the ship! No need to take private transportation to go meet your driver! Just in front of the ship and then you get it started!
- PICK UP TIME// Suggested 7:30 am to avoid big crowds at least in the first part of the morning (it is flexible then you decide when). Back to the port at 4:30 pm (with plenty of time not to miss the ship)
- PICK UP PLACE// Right from dockside. As soon as you disembark your ship you’ll see your private driver with a sign and your name on.
- LENGTH// 9 hours (you can always extend it)
- COLOSSEUM// You have to start the day thinking that the tour will be dedicated almost entirely to the Colosseum and the Vatican. This means that we will start from one of the most ancient sites in ROME. Your driver will have your skip the line tickets in hand and after the explanations, he will be leading you over to the entrance, showing you how to get through the security checkpoint (note that the metal detector is something that you will have to wait at until your turn comes, even if you have already purchased the entrance tickets. There is no “skip-the-line” at the metal detector, and that is why we have to try to be at the Colosseum first thing in the morning as tickets have an entrance time). After overcoming the metal detector you will have a 45 minutes tour on your own inside.
After that you might have time for sightseeing, depending on how long you will spend at the Colosseum or for the entrance process . Remember that the Colosseum reserves the rights to stop the entrance process if they reach 3000 people inside (very rare) and so we may risk to miss our entrance turn. In this case tickets are not refundable.
You can decide to opt for a 2 hour private guided tour at the Colosseum and its surrounding archeological area. Of course there would be an extra cost for this guided tour.
- TIME FOR SIGHT-SEEING// this will depend on how long you will spend at the Colosseum. How long the line for the metal detector will be and if you opt for the 2 hour guided tour service. If not on the guided tour, be sure that your driver will try his best to maximize your time at the Colosseum, leaving some more time, for covering some other relevant sites in the city such as: Circus Maximus, Pantheon, Trevi Fountain and more IF TIME ALLOWS
- TIME FOR A BREAK// You’ll decide what to eat and which kind of lunch to go for. We will give you several options (something quick to go, something intermediate for a pizza or a salad, or something authentic off-the-beaten path only where locals eat)
- 2,5 HOUR VATICAN VISIT// After your little break, your driver will escort you all the way in front of the Vatican Museums from where you’ll start the brief but intense visit of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and – if opened – Saint Peter’s Basilica. You will pre-purchase your entrance tickets through us so that you will be right in. We highly suggest that you hire one of our walking guides for a 2,5 hour private guided tour in the Vatican, and if so, please let us know so that we can arrange it for you at an extra cost.
Due to new admission rules taking effect at the Colosseum starting from June 1st, 2018, we would like to communicate what follows:
First of all the tickets purchased are not refundable , so if you book a tour with us and then decide to cancel it within the time frame accepted by our cancellation policy , please note that the tickets are still non refundable , that means you will still be charged for it.
Securing the Skip the line tickets does not guarantee you that there are no lines. Infact the security line ( going through the metal detector process) can take up to 1 hour, and, if we are not at the booth at the time written on the tickets, you may lose the reservation , thus not visit the Colosseum. I have to admit that this event never occured to us but there is a possibility that it can happen especially on the crowded days .The fact is that the Colosseum administration does not allow more than 3000 people inside at a time, and when that capacity is reached , they close the entrance for 15/20 minutes risking to miss your turn. This is outside our control as Colosseum rules
Please know that the crowds are usually in the morning at the Colosseum and the situation gets better after 2:00 pm .
So please keep this in mind when you decide to visit the inside of the Colosseum.
Our suggestion is indeed to have our drivers give you a full explanation of the monument and enjoy the Colosseum from the outside which is actually the most spectacular part.
OF COURSE THE TOUR ITINERARY IS FLEXIBLE AND YOU CAN DECIDE TO VISIT WHATEVER YOU WANT IF TIME ALLOWS IN BETWEEN THE COLOSSEUM AND THE VATICAN
This is a private tour, so you will not be sharing it with anybody else!
You’ll be escorted by your English speaking driver who will explain to you all points of interest. But please note that they are not guides. They cannot enter the sites with you by law.
For any tour guide need in the Vatican or at the Colosseum, please let us know and we will gladly provide them for you.
You and your English speaking driver will talk about the day plans before the tour starts.