ETRUSCAN COUNTRYSIDE TOUR
Not far from Rome, but very close to the port of Civitavecchia, it is a valley of very ancient times, where the Etruscans got settled in before reaching Rome, giving to the Eternal city a touch of their art and traditions!
- PICK UP TIME // Suggested 7:30 am so that we will beat the traffic out of the city and we will back right on time before the traffic gets back in (it is flexible then you decide whenever during the day).
- PICK UP PLACE // From your hotel in town, airport on arrival, or anywhere you want! We will drop you off wherever you want at the end of the tour.
- LENGTH // 9 hours (you can always extend it)
- TARQUINIA ETRUSCAN NECROPOLIS // After around 1 hour and 30 minute drive you will reach the site of the Etruscan tombs! Just looks like an olive tree field but be careful because shaded by these centenary plants you will spot the entrances to these archaeological jewelry.
- TARQUINIA ETRUSCAN MUSEUM // Another gem in the little town of Tarquinia. Only if you combine the visit of the tombs with the museum visit you can really absorb at the best the splendor of the Etruscan Civilization!
- TARQUINIA: THE TOWN // After the more demanding visit of the Archaeological part of the town, please find the time to explore the other parts of it. Go for a free time walk through its little streets and don’t miss the wonderful view of the BELVEDERE!
- TIME FOR LUNCH // Again this would be something you will never find on your own. A spotless trattoria in the middle of no where that most likely will open just for us! Just give it a chance.
- TUSCANIA // After lunch incredible but real the day will not be finished. Just a little further north is another unique town of Etruscan Origin where you will go to experience its quietness and wonderful view.
- CHURCH OF SAINT PETER // Not the most famous one, but a little non consecrated church in the middle of the Etruscan countryside. You will not believe your eyes. Even Romeo and Juliet by Zeffirelli was filmed in it. You’ll be surely impressed.
OF COURSE THE TOUR ITINERARY IS FLEXIBLE AND YOU CAN DECIDE TO CHANGE IT TO YOUR LIKINGS.