4 HOUR CHRISTIAN ROME TOUR
Explore the major and meaningful Basilicas of Rome escorted by your private English-Speaking driver-guide! Picked up straight from your hotel in town or anywhere you want! No Vatican is included here but some of the most amazing Christian Churches in the World!
- PICK UP TIME // Suggested 8:00am or 1:00pm (it is flexible then you decide whenever during the day).
- PICK UP PLACE // From your hotel in town, airport on arrival, or anywhere you want! We will drop you off wherever you want at the end of the tour.
- LENGTH // 4 hours (you can always extend it)
- SAINT PAUL WITHIN THE WALLS // This means that we start from one of the most imposing Basilicas of ROME. After the explanations of your driver guide you will be entering the Basilica and I promise you: YOU’LL BE JUST AMAZED by the its beauty and grandeur! Generally you will spend in here around 30 minutes
- SAINT MARY THE MAJOR // Another jewel, another magnificent Basilica. The first and largest one dedicated to the Virgin Mary. Legend has it that the Basilica was built on the very spot where snow fell on the night of the 5th of August of many years ago. Well right there a Roman patrician named John and his wife, constructed the Church dedicated to the Mary because that is what the Virgin told them to do in a vision that they had the night before that weird weather event occurred, considering the usual 90 degrees of the Roman summers!
- SAINT JOHN IN LATERAN // Off to the major of all Basilicas after Saint Peter’s! This had been the seat of the Popes for many years and hosts wonderful works of art and amazing sculptures of the greatest artists who operated in ROMEthroughout the entire Renaissance. Its cloister is simply magnificent! Also in here after your driver-guide gives you all necessary explanations, you’ll need approx 40 minutes.
- HOLY CROSS IN JERUSALEM // For the most devoted this Basilica represents the icing on the cake! Almost unknown by many, this one is for sure the most intriguing of all. Little treasures linked to the Passion of Jesus are kept in here: from the thorns of His crown, to the vertical piece of the cross, from the wooden plaque with the inscription “I.N.R.I” to the most important copy of the Holy Shroud!