TIVOLI & COOKING CLASS
- PICK UP TIME //Suggested 8:00am so that we will beat the traffic out of the city and we will be back right on time before the traffic gets back in (it is flexible then you decide whenever during the day).
- PICK UP PLACE // From your hotel in town, airport on arrival, or anywhere you want! We will drop you off wherever you want at the end of the tour.
- LENGTH // 8 hours (you can always extend it)
- SHOPPING AT THE MARKET // We will leave Rome at around 08.00 am and reach Tivoli at 09.00 am. You will meet up with your cooking class host and start to shop for the raw materials needed for your cooking class at the Tivoli local market.
- COOKING CLASS // Very close to the market is your cooking class venue, where with the chef you will start to cook and prepare your wonderful dishes. You will cook together until around 11.30 am when then you will get ready for your visit to Villa d’Este, while the food will cook and before trying it out for lunch.
- VILLA D’ESTE // You will have the chance to explore this amazing Villa and its Gardens for about 1 hour. Villa d’Este, masterpiece of the Italian Garden, is included in the UNESCO world heritage list. With its impressive concentration of fountains, nymphs, grottoes, plays of water, and music, it constitutes a much-copied model for European gardens in the mannerist and baroque styles. The garden is generally considered within the larger –and altogether extraordinary– context of Tivoli itself: its landscape, art and history which includes the important ruins of ancient villas such as the Villa Adriana, as well as a zone rich in caves and waterfalls displaying the unending battle between water and stone. The imposing constructions and the series of terraces above terraces bring to mind the hanging gardens of Babylon, one of the wonders of the ancient world. The addition of water– including an aqueduct tunneling beneath the city — evokes the engineering skill of the Romans themselves.
- LUNCH // After the visit to the Villa, here is now time for enjoying what you cooked. Buon Appetito!!! Finished with lunch at about 03.00 pm, you will leave then Tivoli and reach Rome at around 04.00 pm
OF COURSE THE TOUR ITINERARY IS FLEXIBLE AND YOU CAN DECIDE TO CHANGE IT TO YOUR LIKING