Always from Rome you just feel like going off the beaten path! This is the tour for you! Just trust us as words will not do justice!
- PICK UP TIME // Suggested 8:00am to avoid big crowds at least in the first part of the morning (it is flexible then you decide when). Back to the port at 5:00pm (with plenty of time not to miss the ship)
- PICK UP PLACE // Right from the bottom of your ship. As soon as you disembark your ship you’ll see your private driver with a sign and your name on.
- LENGTH // 9 hours (you can always extend it)
- ORVIETO // After around 1 hour and 30 minute drive you will reach this enchanting town located on a volcanic hill in the Umbria Region. I cannot talk enough about it but just to give you some ideas in Orvieto you have one of the most amazing Domes of Italy (its frescos inside, mainly Signorelli’s, are just as top-notch as the Vatican ones), several Etruscan Museums, given its ancient origin, and spectacular views! You will be able to spend in Orvieto around 1.5 hrs!
- CIVITA DI BAGNOREGIO // You will reach Civita after 30 minute drive from Orvieto. The town is noted for its striking position atop a plateau of friable volcanic tuff overlooking the Tiber river valley, in constant danger of destruction as its edges fall off, leaving the buildings built on the plate to crumble. Well the description does not say a lot about the beauty of this place. I cannot add anything else also because you can Google it, see pics of it, but until you see it you cannot get it! So just come and be inspired! You need to be fit to reach the top of it.
- TIME FOR LUNCH // If you decide to follow this itinerary then we might have also time for an excelent lunch whereever your think is good, maybe based on the excelent reccomendation of your English Speaking driver. Note please that we don’t have anything to do with the restaurant managment, but suggest only where to eat according to the trip schedule and personal experiences.