ORVIETO AND CIVITA DI BAGNOREGIO TOUR
Always from Rome you just feel like going off the beaten path! This is the tour for you! Just trust us as words will not do justice!
- PICK UP TIME // Suggested 7:30 am so that we will beat the traffic out of the city and we will back right on time before the traffic gets back in (it is flexible then you decide whenever during the day).
- PICK UP PLACE // From your hotel in town, airport on arrival, or anywhere you want! We will drop you off wherever you want at the end of the tour.
- LENGTH // 9 hours (you can always extend it)
- ORVIETO // After around 1 hour and 30 minute drive you will reach this enchanting town located on a volcanic hill in the Umbria Region. I cannot talk enough about it but just to give you some ideas in Orvieto you have one of the most amazing Domes of Italy (its frescoes inside, mainly Signorelli’s, are just as top-notch as the Vatican ones), several Etruscan Museums, given its ancient origin, and spectacular views! You will be able to spend in Orvieto around 1.5 hrs!
- CIVITA DI BAGNOREGIO // You will reach Civita after 30 minute drive from Orvieto. The town is noted for its striking position atop a plateau of friable volcanic tuff overlooking the Tiber river valley, in constant danger of destruction as its edges fall off, leaving the buildings built on the plate to crumble. Well the description does not say a lot about the beauty of this place. I cannot add anything else also because you can Google it, see pics of it, but until you see it you cannot get it! So just come and be inspired! You need to be fit to reach the top of it.
- TIME FOR LUNCH // If you decide to follow this itinerary then after 1 hour free time leave Civita, then this will fit in and it would be the most memorable lunch of your entire vacations! Leaving Civita behind and driving through an immaculate countryside after around 1 hour you will reach this spectacular restaurant that generally opens only for us on request! In the middle of no where with the best food ever.